Saturday, March 1, 2008

More Pics From Dubai...


This is the Dubai Quilt Guilds raffle quilt which raised 10,000 dirhams (roughly divide by 4 to get dollars) for the Emirates Arthritis Foundation. I love this pattern and plan to do one myself (I'm collecting those blue and yellows!) It's from BH&G's American Patchwork and Quilting magazine.


Here is a close up of the machine quilting. They used a silvery thread and it turned out really nice. Needless to say, I didn't win! They should have had a prize for the people that traveled the longest distance but then again there was one person that I met that came all the way from Arizona!


This footstool covering was made entirely from men's silk ties!


Just to leave you with a smile on your face! To all my quilting friends, have a happy day!

1 comment:

Lisa Boyer said...

Love the tie footstool covering! That is so very cool. Looks like it should be in "I Dream of Jeannie's" bottle!