Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Some 'quilty' things...

These are a few of the 'quilty' things I've been working on. (Doesn't quilty resemble guilty? - somehow I always have to chuckle when I type those words!) Anyways, I've been wanting to stick to my many projects with the intention of FINISHING them so I managed to sew the following:


I thought I would try to experiment a little with color. This is a technique by Ricky Tims called convergence quilting. I like the results that HE got but I'm not so thrilled with mine! I think it might need something appliqued on top of it, like flowers? butterflies? I have even more respect for those quilters that really produce works of colorful art . Check out Wanda's work.


I've also put together my birdhouse block and it really turned out nice. I just love this BOM that our guild is doing.


This is the BOM quilt with all its blocks in place. I love the oversized pine tree block. I think it really completes and balances that side of the quilt, don't you think?.

4 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Thanks for the link! I really like your convergence quilt. I'm not sure you need any applique. That sunflower fabric works great in it.
And yes, I have even typed guilt for quilt before....I hope that doesn't mean anything!!

Sunfloraa said...

Masyallah! Its gorgeous! Very pretty!

Mary Johnson said...

The BOM quilt is very pretty and I like the convergence quilt too but it does seem a little unfinished - maybe it just needs texture from the quilting.

Carole said...

You've been busy! Lovely quilts! I think your convergence quilt is sweet! I'll be seeing Ricky Times in May. He has one of his mega seminars going on in Glens fall. Three days of learning from expects. I read that Bob the thread guy will also be there. Looking forward to a fun filled 3 days! thanks for sharing!