Sunday, December 30, 2007

Work in Progress


I am encountering so many problems trying to put together this blog! I'm just doing it all on my own - pushing buttons here and there. Erasing then starting over again. I had the hardest time just uploading this picture of my latest WIP. It's the batik background for a small wall hanging. To finish it, I have to fuse applique pine trees on one side. The pattern was taken from the Nov./Dec. issue of Quiltmaker Magazine. I had a lot of fun choosing all the fabrics from my stash. More pics later as I (hopefully) progress.

Last night our Tuesday night quilt group got together and had dinner at "Steakhouse". We had a great time meeting G's twin daughters who have been visiting her this Xmas vacation. E gave me a beautiful table topper in shades of cranberry, green and tan. She is so good with color and a totally awesome person! Thanks E! 

We discussed our next group learning project which will be the Lone Star block also known as the Bethlehem Star. I don't know what my color scheme will be yet but I was thinking of incorporating this block into a wall hanging or maybe prayer carpet? We won't start 'til J gets back from Vancouver so there's lots of time to rummage through my fabric pile. That's what I like about quilting - there's always some new technique to master! 

1 comment:

swooze said...

I can help you with blog tips if you need them. Just email me please.